Central Christian College employment
Position Announcement – Female Resident Director--Stoll Hall
The Resident Director (RD) is a three-quarter time live-in member of the Student Development staff, under the supervision of the Dean of Student Development. The RD facilitates the implementation of Central’s Christ-centered educational mission in a residential context. Primary responsibility is for maintaining a safe, healthy and nurturing residential community. The RD is expected to maintain extensive contact with students and should have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to counsel others and resolve conflicts. All RDs assist in the training, selection and supervision of the Resident Advisors. The Stoll RD leads a Resident Advisor staff of four and organizes educational programs and activities to help promote spiritual, emotional, physical and academic growth. Stoll Hall was built in 1927. It has two floors with a maximum capacity of 44 students. Stoll Hall currently houses predominately female Freshman and Sophomore students.
• A personal commitment to Jesus Christ
• Bachelor's degree required
• Previous experience in Christian ministry preferred
• Ability and desire to work with college students
• Ability to work with faculty colleagues at a small campus
• Agrees with and supports Central Christian College’s mission
• Central Christian College currently offers three Bachelor’s degrees: Bachelor of Science in Ministry with three majors; Bachelor of Science in Business with three majors; and Bachelor of Science with twenty-one majors. We also offer thirty-nine minors.
• Central Christian College educates students with an evangelical worldview, with a curriculum based on a Liberal Arts core.
• Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
• Affiliated with the Free Methodist Church of North America.
• Student enrollment of approximately 330.
• Located in McPherson, Kansas, a very attractive community of 14,000 people, located 55 miles north of Wichita on I-135.
This position is not full-time but could be packaged with other duties at the College, based on College need and applicant's skills, experience, and interests.
Application Deadline: Until position is filled (applications viewed on a rolling basis)
Starting Date: August 1, 2013
Persons seriously interested in this position should send an application for employment, a current resume and an unofficial transcript to:
Rev. Chris Smith, Chief Student Affairs Officer
CENTRAL CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
1200 South Main, PO Box 1403
McPherson, KS 67460
Phone: (620)241-0723, ext. 314 ~ FAX: (620)241-3529
Central Christian College is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities are encouraged to apply.