Central Christian College employment
Position Announcement – Accounts Payable Clerk
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for providing financial, administrative, and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient, and accurate financial operations of the College. The position is primarily focused on the processing, controlling, and monitoring of payments and expenditures. The position reports directly to the Accountant.
The candidate should have completed a high school degree. No additional certification is required, though preference will be given to the individual with additional training or experience in accounting or financial record keeping. The candidate will need to have proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (specifically the use of EXCEL). Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and EXCEL pivot tables would also be helpful, but not required.
• Maintain confidentiality and ethical standards in accordance with College policy, FERPA, other statutory guidelines.
• Receive and verify invoices.
• Assist auditors for the purpose of providing support and documentation on internal processes for accounts payable and receivable.
• Assist the Accountant for the purpose of responding to questions regarding accounts payable procedures and data.
• Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports as required by the College.
• Inform College constituencies regarding procedural requirements for the purpose of processing transactions.
• Maintain financial information, files and records (e.g. copies of paid invoices, checks, documentation, reimbursements, reports, vendor files, receipts, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
• Monitor account balances and related financial activity for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate and complying with established financial practices.
• Participate in meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
• Prepare and submit funds for deposit with College related financial institutions.
• Process financial information for the purpose of updating and distributing appropriate data.
• Process payments from all funds through the issuance of checks or other verified payment option.
• Receive, classify and receipt money for the purpose of recording financial transactions.
• Reconcile financial data for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances and ensuring compliance with established accounting practices.
• Research discrepancies of financial information and/or documentation for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy and adhering to established procedures prior to processing.
• Ad Hoc projects as necessary.
Position starts July 1, 2013
Candidates should send letters of application and resume to LeAnn Moore, 1200 S Main, McPherson, KS 67460. Credentials can also be emailed to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.